Townsend Aerospace Consulting (TAC), LLC, a Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) established in 2009, provides expert advice to the aerospace industry (including government agencies such as NASA and NOAA) such that their clients can be more successful in their current and future endeavors in space. To accomplish this successfully, TAC leverages the over 85 years of combined experience in the aerospace industry, of the two principals. Expert advice is offered primarily in six areas:
- Civilian space activities ranging from earth science, to remote sensing instruments and missions, to observing the universe from space, to deep space missions, to the utilization of human space flight, all to achieve specific research objectives. The emphasis of this advice is on how best to successfully organize, manage, and execute space flight programs, while balancing mission success against risk and resource availability. This includes:
- Conducting comprehensive program reviews for NASA and NOAA,
- Performing “color” team proposal reviews for the private sector, and
- Supporting “due diligence” activities associated with mergers and acquisitions.
- Strategies, approaches, and plans for monitoring our Earth’s changing environment from space.
- Business development efforts that promote and advocate aerospace industry proposals, approaches, and plans, to aerospace industry stakeholders and decision makers, including, but not limited to, local, state, and federal entities, for example, local business communities, Executive Branch agencies, and the Congress.
- Ideas, approaches, and plans for establishing a business presence in new communities where growth opportunities present themselves.
- Strategies and approaches for establishing international collaborations where mutual goals and objectives can be achieved more effectively by leveraging each organization’s capabilities and resources.
- Independent assessments of Human Capital processes, including, but not limited to, the initiation and conduct of diversity (inclusion) activities.
We very much look forward to the opportunity to work with you to help you be more successful in both your present and future activities.